West Bengal BSB Scheme, WB Bangla Shashya Bima yojana, পশ্চিমবঙ্গ বাংলা শস্য বীমা, West Bengal Crop Insurance Scheme Apply Online, West Bengal Bangla Shashya Bima Kharif Season 2019- 2020, Bangla Shashya Bima Eligibility Criteria, Amount, Last Date to Apply.
State government of West Bengal has launched a new welfare scheme for the farmers. This scheme is launched by the name of Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme. Under this scheme, those farmers who will lose their crop due to any natural or man maid reason will get the insurance amount from State government. Farmers don’t have to pay any type of insurance premium to receive crop insurance. In this scheme, State government is offering crop insurance from Kharif 2019 season. This scheme will be launched in different phases. In first phase of the scheme WB State government will cover 15 districts of the State. In its second phase the number of districts will increase under this scheme.
Bangla Shashya Bima
State government has launched “Bangla Shashya Bima” yojana in collaboration with AIC (Agriculture Insurance Company) of India. As mentioned earlier, farmers don’t have to pay any type of insurance premium to receive the benefit of this scheme. More details about the scheme are been provided in the article below. This scheme is launched with a purpose to help the farmers of the State. The insurance premium will be provided by the State government in this scheme, on the behalf of farmers. The crop insurance will be given to farmers in four (4) stages. The amount will be calculated per hectare of destroyed crop.
- Scheme Name – Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme
- State Name – West Bengal
- Scheme Launched By – CM Mamata Banerjee
- Beneficiaries of This Scheme – State Farmers
- Scheme Purpose – To Help Farmers In their Bad Time
- Announced Date – June 2019
- Scheme Supervision Department – West Bengal Department of Agriculture
- Benefit of Scheme – Insurance Amount To Farmers
বাংলা শস্য বীমা
Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee announced this scheme on June 2019. This Bangla Shashya Bima West Bengal (বাংলা শস্য বীমা) is a crop insurance scheme launched with a goal to help farmers of the State. This Scheme Implementation responsibility in on the hand of Department of Agriculture of West Bengal. As stated before, in this scheme insurance will be paid in four stages.
One stage is for any losses suffered during planting, other stage is when losses suffered during cultivation, another stage is when losses occurred after cultivation during cutting of crops lying in the field and the final stages are when crop losses occur due to adverse weather situation. More details about scheme eligibility criteria, key features applying process are given in article below. To know all these things keep reading this article till the end.
Bangla Shashya Bima West Bengal Crop Insurance Scheme Key Features
|Scheme Purpose||Even in West Bengal State farmers suffer crop failures in various stages and that leads to their financial deprivation. Once this scheme gets implemented it will help farmers financially even when they loss their crop during any stage of its production.|
|Kharif Crop Insurance||As of now this Bangla Shashya Bima scheme is in its first phase. In first phase of this scheme it will cover the Kharif crop of 2019 season. On later phases this scheme will cover Rabi crop as well.|
|Premium Criteria||To take the benefit of this scheme, farmers don’t have to pay any type of premium. As we all know to obtain the insurance amount one has to pay its premium amount. Under this scheme, the premium amount will be provided by State government on the behalf of farmers.|
|Different Phases||WB Bangla Shashya Bima implementation will take place in two phases. In first phase this scheme will cover total of 15 districts. Once its planning process complete its second phase will also be launched.|
|Districts Cover Under First Phase of Scheme||Total 15 districts covered in first phase which are as follows:- Malda, Kalimpong, Murshidabad, Purba Bardharman, Paschim Bardhaman, Purba Medinipur, Birbhum, Cooch Behar, Hooghly, Nadia, Dakshin Dinajpur, Purulia, South 24 Parganas, Darjeeling and North 24 Parganas.|
|Insurance Payment Stages||Under this scheme the payment of insurance amount will be conducted on four stages. In the first stage the insurance amount will be given on the case of crop damage during Sowing. Second stage of damage of crop during cultivation. Third stage consist damage of crop during post cultivation or post harvest. The final and fourth stage consist damage of crop due to adverse climate calamities.|
|Insurance Company||West Bengal Bangla Shashya Bima is launched by West Bengal government with the collaboration of Agriculture Insurance Company of India.|
|Main Insured Crops||Maize, Rice Paddy, Jute, Aman Paddies and Anus are the primary crops which are covered under this insurance scheme.|
|Calculation of Insurance Amount||The insurance amount will be calculated on the basis of damaged crop per hectare.|
Bangla Shashya Bima Eligibility Criteria / Documents Required
- Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme is launched only for the Permanent resident of West Bengal State. Thus applicant require residential proof document to apply for the scheme.
- Scheme will cover every type of farmers. Farmers who have taken loans from banks and those farmers who don’t have taken any type of loan both are eligible for this scheme.
- Applicant farmer need identity proof to take scheme benefit. It contains Aadhar card, Voter ID Card, Ration Card etc.
- The amount of insurance will be calculated on the basis of land hold by farmer. Thus farmers require documents about their land to take its benefit.
- Damage claims documents are also needed to take the benefit of this scheme.
Related:- Krishak Bandhu Prakalpa West Bengal
WB Bangla Shashya Bima Yojana Apply Online
- To take the benefit of Bangla Shashya Bima Scheme 2019, farmers need to fill its application form.
- Application form can be filled by visiting scheme official website.
- Official website link and details are not available for now as it has not been launched yet by the authorities.
- After filling the application form you need to submit asked documents in it.
- Then need to submit the form.
- Please visit official portal to read in Bengali Language:-
That is everything about Bangla Shashya Bima West Bengal Kharif Crop Insurance Scheme for now. The latest updates of the scheme about its official website and applying process or application form details will be provided very soon. Thus,. Stay updates with us by staying in touch. To stay tuned with us, like our Facebook page. You can also write in the below provided comment box.